What Is Animal Chiropractic?
Animal Chiropractic is a field of animal health care that focuses on the preservation and health of the neuro-musculo-skeletal system. Why? Nerves control everything that happens in your animals. Anything adversely affecting the nervous system will have detrimental effects that will resonate throughout the entire body. The command centers of the nervous system are the brain and spinal cord which are protected by the spine. The spine is a complex framework of bones (vertebra), ligaments, muscles and nerves. If the movement and biomechanics of the vertebra become dysfunctional, they can interfere with the performance of the nerves that are branching off of the spinal cord and going to the all of the muscles and organs. As this occurs, your animal can lose normal mobility; resulting in stiffness, tension, pain and even organ dysfunction. Additionally, when normal movement is affected, and left unattended, it will ultimately impact your animal’s entire wellbeing and quality of life.
Options for Animals was founded and is still bound by the following principles:
- Relieve the pain and suffering for animals through the benefits of chiropractic care which is our ultimate goal.
- Advance chiropractic as a health care choice for animals in the world community.
- Create a new profession of animal health care synthesized from veterinary and chiropractic practice.
- Encourage the interaction of the veterinary and chiropractic professions into one of mutual respect with the health of our animal patients of paramount importance in the pursuit of common goals.
- Teach based on love, the spirit of discovery, and a commitment to give.
- Bear the burdens of the pioneer so that the path will be clearer and straighter for those that follow.
“We understand that our time here is but brief, yet the ultimate truth in chiropractic is universal, enduring and significant.”
We value each life and feel it should be lived to the highest potential. Our goal is to advance this potential in our animal’s lives in ways varying from relieving pain and suffering to increasing the level of performance in animal athletes.