Please do not contact us to contact an instructor.
Instructor since 2008
• Kansas State University, Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
• Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
• Small animal veterinarian (including avian and exotic pets) in private practice since 1992
• Certified by the American Veterinary Chiropractic Association since January 2000
• Advanced training in laser surgery and small animal ultrasonography
• Member of American, Kansas and Topeka Veterinary Medical Associations
Dr. Gratton grew up on beef cattle ranches in northeast Kansas and was involved in 4-H and FFA through high school. He attended Kansas State University where he graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Agriculture in 1988; in addition he completed the core curriculum towards a dual degree in Microbiology. He received his doctorate from Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 1992. During Veterinary school his interests shifted towards small animal surgery and medicine. He has been involved in general small animal practice, including avian and exotic pets, since graduation.
Dr. Gratton has been practicing in Topeka, Kansas since 1994 at University Bird and Small Animal Clinic. Dr. Gratton achieved certification in animal chiropractic in 2000 after completing the Basic Course in Animal Chiropractic at Options for Animals. He has maintained certification by the American Veterinary Chiropractic Association since that time. Dr. Gratton’s other professional interests currently include laser surgery, ultrasonography and, most recently, stem cell therapy.
Dr. Gratton has been married to his wife Jill since 1989 and has two boys; Tyler and Kyle. In his spare time he is an avid bicyclist and woodworker.